First Reformed Announcements
Prayer and Praise
- “Thank you for the birthday wishes and cards. It was nice my church friends could help me celebrate my 90th birthday.”
- We welcome back Alan Slykhuis to Boyden First Reformed and thank you for leading our worship this morning!
- We welcome you to worship at Boyden First Reformed! Enjoy the coffee machine in the room just left from the sanctuary and coffee and goodies in the fellowship basement following worship. There is Sunday School for people of all ages! The children meet in the basement for after worship and adults meet in the coffee room off of the sanctuary. We are glad you are here! May God richly bless you as we worship together!
- Next Sunday January 12th, we welcome Merlyn Sandbulte to lead our worship service.
- COMING SOON – An evening ladies Bible study! Topic and date to be determined. If interested please contact either Carla Starkenburg (712-348-3435; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vera Boender (402-792-2128; email@example.com)
- College Boxes! We are collecting snacks, treats, small gifts, letters of encouragement, gift cards, etc., that we will then send to our congregation members who are currently away at school/ college. This is just a small token to encourage them and let them know that we are praying for them. You can place your donations in the boxes in the entries and coffee room. If you have any questions, please talk with Lisa Nelson or Teresa H.
- Secret Sisters! Don’t forget to fill out the questionnaire that was put in every lady’s mailbox. Please fill out the form and get it to Teresa Harms by next Sunday, January 12, 2020. Then she will randomly assign each person to their secret sister! If you have any questions, please feel free to visit with Teresa.
- 2020 Directory is coming soon! If you have any changes in your address, phone number or email, please let Teresa know ASAP so these changes can be added to the new directory!
- Inspiration Hill News! Go to www.inspirationhills.org to learn about all the amazing opportunities in February including: the Single Mom’s Retreat February 1st – 3rd; the Pastor & Spouse Retreat February 8th – 11th; the 4th – 6th Grade Winter Retreat February 15th & 16th; and last, but certainly not least, summer camp registration opens February 1st!
- Love INC Love & Learn winter class session will begin on Tuesday, January 21st! We will be offering four classes to the Sioux County community at large: Parenting, Grief Share, Faith & Finances (practical money management skills with optional mentorship) and Affirming Potential (personal evaluation of physical, emotional, relational and spiritual areas of life). A fifth class, Redemptive Compassion, will be specifically offered to church members, leaders and anyone interested in exploring how we can offer help that ultimately brings freedom rather than enables people to remain in a constant state of need. We’ll explore together what it means to offer charity compassion hand in hand with developmental compassion. Register by January 14 by calling the Love INC office at 476.5990.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR LOVE INC CLASSES: If you have a heart for helping others we have many opportunities for you to use your gifts and talents. Some of the opportunities to serve include child care, small group discussion leaders, financial mentors, prayer partners, kitchen hospitality and more! Please call the Love INC office (476.5990) to find out more about ways to serve right here in our community!
- The Boyden American Legion and Auxiliary will meet Monday, January 6 at 7:00 p.m. at the Boyden Legion Building. All members are encouraged to attend to plan the year’s meetings.
- The SHARE group for widows and widowers will meet on Thursday, January 16th at noon at Homestead Commons in Hull. We will enjoy soups and cinnamon rolls for our meal and ice cream for dessert. If you had not volunteered to bring food, please consider bringing $5 to help cover expenses. Following our meal, we will hear a presentation from Pastor Corilee Boer on Destiny Youth Ranch, a non-profit camp near Alvord, IA destined to bring hope and healing through Christ with horses. Call Deanna Tiedeman (712-439-2229) or Pastor Aaron Deutsch (605-742-4469) with any questions.
- To begin a prayer chain – You can either call Max Moret at 348-2929 or Teresa Harms/church office at 725-2366.
How Can I Help?
- We would love to have you help us serve! If you’re interested in helping here at First Reformed please talk to Teresa Harms or one of the deacons