First Reformed Announcements
Prayer and Praise
- Please remember in your prayers those individuals in nursing homes or assisted living facilities that are unable to attend worship services. Help them to know that even though they can’t physically be in church, they are in our hearts and prayers.
- We welcome you to worship at Boyden First Reformed! Grab a cup of coffee and have a seat! We are glad you are here! May God richly bless you as we worship together!
- Sunday School is available for everyone! The children meet in the basement fellowship room to start their studies. Pastor Dave’s class for the adults meets in the coffee room off of the sanctuary. The study for the adults is about alleviating hurt in missions. We encourage you to attend!
- Today is the fifth Sunday of Lent. This Lenten season, our theme is “Freedom from Fear.” Throughout the Gospels, Jesus tells His followers or those around Him, “Don’t be afraid.” Yet today, fear plays an enormous part in our lives. This Lenten season we will look where Jesus says, “Do not be afraid,” and discover what fears Jesus is releasing us from today. Next Sunday, the message will be “The Fear of Conquest” from John 12:12-16.
- Wed April 17th “Jews for Jesus” –7:00 pm -You will learn more about the relationship between Passover and the Lord’s Supper.
- Thu April 18th Maundy Thursday Services – 7:00 pm Join us for a special worship presentation as we commemorate the Last Supper of Jesus Christ.
- Fri April 19th Good Friday Services – 7:00 pm – We will be having a joint worship service at the United Presbyterian Church of Boyden. Join us as together we remember the night of Jesus’ crucifixion.
- Sun April 21st Easter Sunday! – We will begin with breakfast at 8:45 am. You are then welcome to join us in a celebration of our Risen Lord with worship services beginning at 9:30 am! He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!
Invitations are available for sharing in the back of the sanctuary.
- The elders invite anyone who desires to make profession of their faith to come to the elder’s meeting on Thursday night at 7 pm in Pastor’s office to confess their faith in Jesus Christ and become a regular member of First Reformed Church of Boyden.
- Easter Goals! The Consistory has set a goal of 219 people in worship on Easter morning, April 21, 2019. There is no way that this can happen unless you are willing to invite unchurched, under-churched and even “nones” to come. PLEASE BEGIN BY PRAYING FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR, FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
- The SHARE group for widows and widowers will meet on Thur, Apr 11th at 6pm at Homestead Commons in Hull. We will order in Pizza Ranch for supper. Please bring $5 to help offset the cost of supper. Following our meal, we will watch “Samson” recorded in Branson, Missouri. Please call Deanna Tiedeman (712-439-2229) or Pastor Aaron Deutsch (605-742-4469) with any questions.
- Inspiration Hills is looking to hire counselors! If you love Jesus and love kids we have the job for you! Counselors are the ones in charge of walking next to the campers from week to week, teaching them about Jesus and showing His love to them. Please check out our website www.inspirationhills.org, call us at 712-986-5193 or email Paige at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- The Sheldon Knights of Columbus will have a Fish Fry on Friday, April 12th, 5 pm – 7 pm at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church basement. It will include: baked and deep-fat-fried fish, potato salad, baked beans, a roll & dessert – all for a Freewill Donation. The proceeds will go to the Sheldon Ministerial Fund.
- Love INC Sioux County is seeking a part-time MINISTRY COORDINATOR/OFFICE ASSISTANT. This person must have a heart for Christian service, compassion for others and a commitment to the Love INC mission and ministry model. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, the ability to be a self-starter, work independently and have a strong knowledge of Microsoft programs. If interested please send a resume to Love INC Sioux County, PO Box 85, Rock Valley, IA 51247. For additional information please contact Debbie Van’t Hul at 476.5990.
- Rise Ministries presents A Night of Hope with Scott Bruxvoort to be held on Wednesday, April 10th, 7-8:30 pm at the Crossroads Pavilion Event Center in Sheldon. The cost is $10. Hear his story of overcoming drug abuse and how God found him at his lowest and turned his life around after he had lost it all. Enjoy a night of music, snacks, giveaways, worship with Nick Montieth, and a powerful story from Scott!
- CrossRoads & NW Iowa Teens Encounter Christ (TEC) are accepting applications for the upcoming weekend at the First Reformed Church in Hull. TEC is a three day interdenominational Christian retreat designed to help high schoolers learn more about their faith and their community. The next TEC is June 28-30, 2019. If you would like to learn more about TEC or register, please visit either www.CrossRoadsTEC.com/apply or www.NWIowaTEC.com/applications or email CrossRoadsTEC@gmail.com. The cost is $50 and includes a t-shirt & other special gifts. Scholarships are available.
- To begin a prayer chain – You can either call Max Moret at 348-2929 or Teresa Harms/church office at 725-2366.
How Can I Help?
- We would love to have you help us serve! If you’re interested in helping here at First Reformed please talk to Teresa Harms or Pastor Dave