First Reformed Announcements
Prayer and Praise
- Please remember in your prayers Roxie Van Roekel. She is recovering from surgery for a broken leg. She is currently in the Sheldon Hospital receiving physical therapy. She has a long recovery ahead of her, so please pray for God’s strength and healing for her and her family.
- We welcome Pastor Rose De Koster and thank her for leading our worship service this morning.
- Please, if you are not feeling well or have been knowingly exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days, you must not come to church and need to stay home.
- Friendly reminder! You can leave your general and mission offerings in the plates in the back of the sanctuary either before or following worship. If you wish to make a donation for the boiler project, please indicate this on the memo of your check.
- Thankful and Blessed! As Thanksgiving approaches, it is a good time to count our blessings and to give thanks for them. At the back of the sanctuary, you will find slips of paper for doing just that. Please take a moment to write down what you are thankful for this year and use the clothespins to hang your papers on the display behind the pulpit. Use as many papers as you like and let’s fill it up!
- Consistory Executive Committee will be meeting this evening at 7 pm in the fellowship basement regarding the nominees for the 2021 Consistory. If any nominee has questions or does not/ cannot fulfill the nomination, please meet with the committee.
- Next week we welcome back Rev. Dr. John Hartog III and thank him for leading us in worship.
- Youth Group Leaders are still needed! Rocky Mountain High is hopefully going to be held this year. There are kids in the community who wish to take part! If anyone is interested in being involved or if you have any thoughts or ideas about Youth Group leadership, please visit with Kaitlyn Rosenboom, Kayla Rosenboom, Marv Heemskerk or Teresa Harms. And please pray for this vital ministry in our community!
- Text in Church – This is a new program that we will begin utilizing in November. We will be able to text members with notifications, church closings, prayer chains, etc. If you supplied the office with your cell phone number for the directory, you will be automatically added to this program. If your cell number is not in the directory and you wish to be added, please get your number to either Jeff Neuman or Teresa Harms. (If you do not want to be a part, please let Jeff or Teresa know.) For more info, you can read the article in the November Innerglow or talk with Teresa or Jeff.
- Men’s Bible Study! Wednesday, November 4th is the fifth and final night of our study “Fight” by Craig Groeschel. We will be meeting in the fellowship basement of the church at 7 pm. We can also utilize Zoom for anyone who wishes to be a part of the study but is not comfortable coming to the church.
- Ladies’ Evening Bible Study – We will meet this Thurs Nov 5th and also on Thurs Nov 19th which will finish up the series before Thanksgiving. We plan to take the rest of the year off for the holidays and will start anew after the first of the year.
- 2021 Calendars for the Youth Group! Today is the last day to order calendars! The cost is $10. The money raised will be used for Rocky Mountain High & Power Connection. If you have any questions or want to place your order via email, text or phone, please contact Kaitlyn Rosenboom at 712-541-4578 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Single Moms’ Retreat – Inspiration Hills – Registration for this awesome event is now open. The retreat is scheduled to take place February 5 – 7, 2021. The theme is “Abide” from John 15:4. We are also looking for support staff. You could serve on the Prayer Team or as a Table Leader. For more information and/or to register as an attendee or volunteer, go to https://inspirationhills.org/single-mothers-retreat.html.
- Center of Hope invites you to join them for their Fall Benefit Saturday, Nov 14th at 7 pm. To join them that night, please visit their website www.centerofhopesf.org and click Fall Benefit Registration and follow the instructions. You can also call Calvin Ver Mulm at 605-553-8345.
- Veterans’ Day Program – You are invited to the Boyden American Legion & Auxiliary Veteran’s Day program Wednesday, November 11th at 7 pm at the Demco Community Center. The guest speaker is Gerry Holtrop who will be sharing “Partners for Patriots.” There will be apparel available for purchase and donations requested to provide service dogs to disabled Veterans. It is recommended that you wear a mask. Social distancing will be observed. Hope to see you there!
- The Center of Hope is in great need of men’s and children’s coats, snow pants and gloves. If you have any of these items in good used condition that you do not need we would be grateful to have them to go out to our guests. Our supply of these right now is extremely low. If you wanted to do some shopping for these items, especially the gloves, that would also be very helpful. If you have questions, please call us at 605-334-9789.
- To begin a prayer chain – You can either call Max Moret at 348-2929 or Teresa Harms/church office at 725-2366.
How Can I Help?
- We would love to have you help us serve! If you’re interested in helping here at First Reformed please talk to Teresa Harms or one of the deacons