First Reformed Announcements
Prayer and Praise
- The flowers in the front of the church are in memory of Frances DeBerg Harms.
- Sympathy wishes are extended to Steve & Ranae Kleinwolterink for the loss of Steve’s dad Mike Kleinwolterink. We pray that our merciful Lord grant you comfort and peace during this time of grief.
- Happy 50th Birthday to Ruthann Boender! Because of Covid-19 restrictions, her family is unable to see her. They are requesting a card shower to help make this day special. Ruthann’s birthday is Thursday, July 16th. Her address is 362 Village Circle, Sheldon IA 51201. Thank you!
- A huge THANK YOU to Kevin & Andreah Maassen who have served as Youth Group Leaders for several years and have now decided to step down. Your continued dedication and guidance to the young people of Boyden FRC and the surrounding area is immeasurable! God bless you and thank you so much!!!
- Thank you to everyone who has signed up to mow! Please continue to check the calendar pages in the south entrance to see if there is an open week.
- Please, if you are not feeling well or have been knowingly exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days, you must not come to church and need to stay home.
- The Vision 2020 Team Report, along with an introduction and the report that initiated this process, are all available for you to read. There are copies on the information tables by the mailboxes. Please feel free to take one. More copies will be added each week as long as people wish to have one.
- Cookout and Ice Cream Social! Don’t forget to sign up for an evening of fun and fellowship! The CLC group (Churches Learning Change) is tentatively planning a cookout or ice cream social for Wednesday, July 22nd. You are encouraged to invite your friends and family. We will be having it in the parking lot of the church so social-distancing will be in place. There are sign-up sheets in the back of the sanctuary by each door to help us in planning how many supplies and how much food will be needed.
- Awana Zoom meeting – The Iowa representative for Awana is conducting zoom meetings to discuss how Awana can be changed and improved with all of the Covid issues and regulations. The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, July 15th at 7 pm. We will be hosting a group here at FRC and you are welcome to attend! Also, if you wish to take part but would prefer to do it at your home or another location, please let Teresa know and she will email you the invitation.
- School Supplies Drive! The Boyden American Legion and Ladies’ Auxiliary is once again sponsoring a school supplies drive for the Boyden-Hull Elementary school. A box will be placed in the south entrance where you can drop off your donations. A full list will be available next week. There will also be boxes placed at the library and at Citizen’s State Bank.
- Due to COVID-19 the Bible League International Christmas in July which was to be held on Monday July 27 has been CANCELLED. This is one of Northwest Iowa Division of BLI fund raisers so contributions would be greatly appreciated. Please send your contribution to Linda Visser at 105 4th St.S.W. Orange City, Iowa 52041.
- “Spreading the Fragrance of Life” a 2020 Conference sponsored by the Bible League International is, at this time, planning to be held on Monday, September 14, 2020, with a dinner at 6:30 pm and speakers beginning at 7:15 pm; and Tuesday, September 15, 2020, beginning with coffee and cookies at 9:30 am, a morning session, a noon lunch, an afternoon session and then closing at 3 pm at the First Reformed Church in Sioux Center. The keynote speaker and feature guests are Kelli (Kredit) Gotthardt, author, pastor’s wife & lover of Jesus; Lora Rankin, Music & Worship Director at New Hope Evangelical Free Church in Orange City; and Thony Ronaldo, Bible League’s national ministry director in Indonesia. You can register and purchase your tickets ($20 for Monday, $40 for Tuesday) at bibleleague.org/tickets or call 708-367-8541. For more info, contact Carla Kooiman at 605-370-4675 or email@example.com; Sherri Ten Napel at 712-441-3960 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Deanna Van Swol at 708-367-8541 or email@example.com. Pamphlets are on the information tables by the mailboxes.
- The SHARE group for widows and widowers will meet on Thurs, July 16th at 6pm at St. Paul Lutheran Church. We will enjoy a pancake supper with sausages and juice. Following our meal, a men’s quartet will sing for us. The quartet is comprised of Bert Van Batavia, Arnold Tiedemann, Ken Nielsen and Pastor Aaron Deutsch. Call Deanna Tiedeman (712-439-2229) or Pastor Aaron (605-742-4469) with any questions.
- Habitat Sign A Stud Event: Join us for the Siouxland Habitat Sign A Stud event on Tue, July 21 from 4:30-6pm at the Rock Valley Habitat for Humanity house -1608 30th Ave. We would love for the community to come bless this house by decorating the framed studs with Bible verses, encouraging words and meaningful drawings. Supplies will be provided, but feel free to bring your own Sharpie markers, finger paint, craft supplies, etc. A special time of Prayer & Thanksgiving will be held at 5:15pm! Meet the partner family, tour the home in the construction phase, enjoy refreshments!
- To begin a prayer chain – You can either call Max Moret at 348-2929 or Teresa Harms/church office at 725-2366.
How Can I Help?
- We would love to have you help us serve! If you’re interested in helping here at First Reformed please talk to Teresa Harms or one of the deacons