First Reformed Announcements
Prayer and Praise
- Please remember in your prayers Galen Moret, son of Max Moret, as he is dealing with complications from his recent back surgery. Pray that his medical team is able to fix what is causing him pain and that he can proceed with his recovery with no further issues.
- The Reuvers family thanks each one for the prayers offered for Dennis. The reports came back BENIGN Praise the Lord. GOD IS GOOD.
- A change is needed on your June calendar! The office has been informed that Larry Moret’s birthday is June 7th. And also, it happens to be his 80th birthday! Happy birthday Larry! May God bless you with a wonderful year!!
- We welcome back Pastor Dennis Hietbrink and thank him for leading our worship service this morning. Next week we welcome back Rev. Dr. John Hartog III.
- Please, if you are not feeling well or have been knowingly exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days, you must not come to church and need to stay home.Masks are strongly encouraged to be worn by everyone. If you do not have a mask, one can be provided.
- Friendly Reminder! This morning we are collecting both the general offering and the missions offering. The missions offering is collected to be given to the three missionaries we support – the Bruces’ and Way Out Ministries in California, Amy & Seung Kim in Bangladesh and JJ Ten Clay and refugee ministries
- Cookies & coffee for the summer – The serving of coffee and cookies will be in the coffee room off of the sanctuary beginning this morning. For the summer months, there will not be service in the basement. Teresa will continue to make 2 pots of coffee and set up the room in the morning. If you were scheduled to bring cookies, you can still do that and leave them in the kitchen. If you were scheduled to work in the kitchen, your assistance with making more coffee as needed would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please talk to Teresa
- Next Sunday, we will be celebrating the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper. To prepare for Communion, we must listen to the Holy Spirit and judge ourselves – Are we right before God? During this next week, ask God to cleanse you from all unrighteousness. Spend time in prayer and confession as you reflect upon what Jesus has done for you
- Volunteer Mowing Schedule – We need more volunteers! Don’t forget to sign up to help mow the church and parsonage lawns. The calendar schedule is in the south entrance. You can direct any questions to Roger Nelson
- The Boyden American Legion and Auxiliary will be meeting Monday, June 7 at 7:00 p.m. in the Legion Building. All members are encouraged to attend
- RiseFest 2021 is next weekend! June 11 & 12, 2021! It’s a great weekend to bring the family together and enjoy music, food and other great activities! Some of the featured artists include Casting Crowns, Matthew West, Zach Williams, We The Kingdom, Big Daddy Weave, Cochran & Co., Jason Gray and so much more! And, kids 10 and under are free! You can get tickets at the gate or online at www.riseministries.com/risefest. You can also find online the schedule for the weekend, and so much more info! The gates open Friday the 11th at 3 pm and Saturday the 12th at 11 am. RiseFest is more than music – it’s a mission! You won’t want to miss it
- The SHARE group for widows and widowers will meet on Thursday, June 17th at 6:00pm at St. Paul Lutheran Church. We will enjoy casseroles with sides for supper. Following our meal, we will play table games. Please consider bringing $5 to help cover expenses. Call Deanna Tiedeman (712-439-2229) or Pastor Aaron Deutsch (605-742-4469) with any questions
- The Guiding Star Cycle Show for girls aged 9-13 is here for the summer! We have two great dates available – June 9 in Sioux Center and June 23 in Orange City. This workshop was developed to give young girls the knowledge of what is going on inside their bodies in relation to puberty. Today, it is more important than ever for young girls to have high self-esteem regarding their bodies. Sign up by going to the website and choosing Sioux Center or Orange City as your desired location ~ https://guidingstarproject.com/cycle-show/
- Bible verse for the month of June – “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23 ~
- Northwestern College will be a host site for the Global Leadership Summit, taking place Aug. 5 and 6. Two days of presentations by internationally known leadership experts will be livestreamed in the DeWitt Theatre Arts Center. Attendees are encouraged to experience the Summit in person, but registrants will also be provided with a link to the “GLS Online Experience,” enabling them to participate in the Summit from their homes if they choose. This year’s world-class Summit faculty is made up of more than a dozen diverse thought leaders from the business and nonprofit sectors, including Malcom Gladwell, host of the “Revisionist History” podcast; Jerry Lorenzo, global head of Adidas Basketball; and Bianca Juárez Olthoff, founder and president of In the Name of Love. Registration to attend the Global Leadership Summit at Northwestern is available at the early bird rate of $189/individual or $169/person for groups of two or more. The discounted rate is available until July 13. Visit www.nwciowa.edu/GLS to register.
- To begin a prayer chain – You can either call Max Moret at 348-2929 or Teresa Harms/church office at 725-2366.
How Can I Help?
- We would love to have you help us serve! If you’re interested in helping here at First Reformed please talk to Teresa Harms or one of the deacons