First Reformed Announcements
Prayer and Praise
- Please continue to pray for Kathy Beek, Mina Uittenbogaard, Marcia Neely and Larry Salmon as they deal with their health issues. Please also remember others who need prayers or the encouragement of God.
- A “Thank You” was received this week from the Union Gospel Mission for the benevolent donation made by the consistory.
- If you are visiting today, WELCOME! Be our guest! We welcome you to our worship experience. There is coffee available in the room off of the sanctuary and following the service in the fellowship basement. Sunday School classes are available for all ages! Following worship, the children meet in the fellowship basement and adults are invited to meet upstairs in Pastor Dave’s office. The Adult Sunday School class is beginning a new study about alleviating hurt in missions. See page 6 in this bulletin for more info.
- Next week’s worship will continue with the series “Becoming God’s Best Version of You” with a message entitled “God’s Miracle Grow.”
- Next week we will be celebrating the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper. Please come back and partake of Communion so that the Lord can feed your spiritual soul!
- 2019 Directory Changes! Please make the following changes to the new directory: Josh Miller’s wife Billie should be added to his entry; Alvin & Clarella Van Marel no longer have their PO Box. Their address is just 1113 E Prairie St, Boyden. Sorry! If you notice any other changes needed, please contact Teresa.
- The Consistory has set a goal of 219 people in worship on Easter morning. We will be having breakfast prior to the Easter Service as well as some special things going on during the service. There is no way that this can happen unless YOU are willing to invite unchurched, under-churched and even “nones” to come and attend First Reformed. PLEASE BEGIN BY PRAYING FOR YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS!
- Secret Sisters! Your “Sister’s” information should be in your mailbox! If you still would like to participate, it is never too late! Just talk to Teresa!
- Save the Date! Marriage Enrichment Conference – There is a team of people from First Reformed Church in both Boyden and Rock Rapids who are preparing for a Friday night and Sunday event on March 29th and March 31st here at Boyden First Reformed. On Friday, March 29th, we will begin at 6:00 pm and go until about 9:30 pm. On Sunday, March 31st, we will begin at 11:30 am with lunch and finish around 7:30 pm. There will be daycare provided. Please set these dates aside to take part!
- Another Save the Date! On Wednesday, April 17th, Boyden First will host a Jews for Jesus event in our sanctuary. If you are interested in learning more about the relationship between Passover and the Lord’s Supper, you will want to attend this event. More information will be shared in future bulletins.
- If you have a child between the ages of 3 & 4 years old, you could qualify for a FREE center-based program through Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Head Start. Also, Early Head Start is taking applications for the FREE Resource Program serving pregnant women and children under the age of 3. For more information on either of these programs contact 1-800-859-2025.
- Love INC of Sioux County is proud to present “Love and Laugh” on Sat, Feb 9th at Trinity Christian Reformed Church in Rock Valley. The doors for this dinner theater style event will open at 5pm to be followed by a catered meal at 5:30pm and an improvisational comedy show by Slap Happy Comedy at 7. Tickets to this event are an ideal Valentine’s Day gift and can be purchased for $30 a piece or you may reserve a complete table of 8 by calling the Love INC office at 712-476-5990.
- Dordt College’s Andreas Center will host song and modern-day hymn writer Sandra McCracken on Monday, February 4th as part of our First Mondays Speaker Series. This event includes a discussion at 11am entitled “A Song Writer’s Journey through the Psalms” and then at 8pm is the concert, “Singing the Songs of Lament” (Free Tickets via Eventbrite) For more information, please see Andreas Center Facebook Page.
- Siouxland Habitat for Humanity invites you to their “Love Your Neighbor” Pancake Supper on Wednesday, February 13, from 5:00-7:00pm in the Hull Community Building. Free will donations will be received to help families in need achieve their own home. We would love to see you there!
- Inspiration Hills – Summer Camp registration opens February 1st! This year’s theme is from Isaiah 43:1 “Called By Name”! Watch for the display in the fellowship basement coming soon! There is also FREE on-line registration available this year. The 4th – 6th grades Winter Retreat is scheduled for February 15th & 16th. The theme for this retreat is ANCHOR from Hebrews 6:19. If you would like to request a scholarship for these programs, please register before February 3rd. You can visit their website www.inspirationhills.org for more info and to register.
- To begin a prayer chain – You can either call Max Moret at 348-2929 or Teresa Harms/church office at 725-2366.
How Can I Help?
- We would love to have you help us serve! If you’re interested in helping here at First Reformed please talk to Teresa Harms or Pastor Dave